The basement in this St. Louis home was flooded when they got several days of non stop rain and the storm drains backed up. Our SERVPRO Storm Team was in town to help out with the influx of claims, but there were several roads that were closed due to flooding. When the waters receded we were able to get to this home and start the clean up process. We had to tear out carpet and padding due to the saturation of water and we also had to cut out the drywall 2 feet up in all of the rooms in order to properly dry everything out. After 4 days of running the drying equipment we were able to leave the customers ready for the repairs team to come in.
A local Bank had 3 floors of water damage after a toilet tank over flowed during the night. Needless to say when we got the call early that morning we were quickly on our way to assist. There were ceiling tiles down and wet carpet and baseboard. The owners of course wanted to be back in working order as soon as possible with little interruption.
Our experienced crew was able to get all the water extracted and the ceiling tiles pulled and equipment set within a few hours so the employees never had to miss a beat.
After 3 days of drying and putting back ceiling tiles everything was dry and we had another satisfied customer for SERVPRO of Christian, Todd, Logan and Simpson Counties.
Flooding in St. Louis
The basement of this St. Louis, Missouri home was flooded after several day of torrential rain had caused the storm drains to back up. SERVPRO of Warren County had 6 people in town helping out with the influx of claims that overwhelmed the local SERVPRO. We were able to get a crew to the location and start the drying process as soon as the waters receded. The carpet and baseboard as well as the drywall 2 feet up had to be removed due to the amount of saturation and condition of the water.
We set equipment and were able to get the basement dried within 3 days, leaving our homeowners very thankful for SERVPRO
Fire in Kentucky home causes major damage
This Kentucky home was severely damaged by smoke and fire when a pan on the stove caught fire. Luckily everyone was able to evacuate without any injuries. The Fire Department used foam to put it out so there was no water damage either. Our SERVPRO team was able to get on location and help get the home boarded up to begin the process of cleaning up. There were a lot of contents damaged and destroyed and of course the structure sustained quite a bit of damage, especially in the kitchen. Having a fire is always a devastating occurrence, but this homeowner was just happy that everyone was safe. Personal belongings, while sentimental, are mostly replaceable but human lives aren't. We are happy to be part of putting this family's life back together.
Mold in Repo Home
The walls and flooring in this Kentucky home suffered damage from a water loss that was left too long and mold began to grow beneath the wood flooring and up the walls . If water is left at the right temperature for a few days it will cause mold to start growing and will continue to grow at a rapid pace. SERVPRO of Christian, Todd, Logan and Simpson Counties has the right tools to tell where water has been saturated through to the subfloor. We were able to remove the mold with light sanding and then set equipment to ensure everything was properly dried before spraying an anitmicrobial that will help prevent future mold growth.
In your time of need we are always here to help!
Golf Tournament in Christian County
Brag N' Rights Golf Classic
Our Sales Marketing Representative A.J Gilbert was present at the Brag N' Rights Golf Classic in Hopkinsville, KY. The Golf Tournament was a benefit for the local Chamber of Commerce and was very well sponsored. A.J and one of the owners of our Franchise, Susan Porter, were under a tent providing chips and crackers and water. We also gave away several golf towels and lots of useful information on what to do in case of a fire, water or mold loss on your property. The weather was beautiful and the rain stayed away long enough for everyone to enjoy the day. SERVPRO of Christian, Todd, Logan and Simpson Counties is very proud to be a new member of the Christian County Chamber of Commerce and looks forward to working with them for many years.
Fire at Bluegrass Cellular
Sea of Green at Bluegrass Cellular
The tower on top of this Bluegrass Cellular building sparked and caught fire to the building causing extensive smoke damage and water damage putting the fire out. We had our SERVPRO crew on location as soon as possible after receiving the call. Day 1 was spent moving all salvageable contents to an on site storage pod. Day 2 we began the process of removing carpet, ceiling tile and base board. We also set up drying equipment and bagged up lots of debris. This was such a large job that we had to call in 15 temps per day to help with the daunting task. We are so happy to be a part of helping out Bluegrass Cellular in their time of need. We will soon have everything back "like it never even happened"
The living room in this Simpson County home suffered damage from a water loss that was left too long and mold began to grow beneath the wood flooring. If water is left at the right temperature for a few days it will cause mold to start growing and will continue to grow at a rapid pace. SERVPRO of Christian, Todd, Logan and Simpson counties has the right tools to tell where water has been saturated through to the subfloor. We had to pull up the hard wood in order to get to the underlayment where the mold was working its wicked magic. We were able to remove the mold with light sanding and then set equipment to ensure everything was properly dried before spraying an anitmicrobial that will help prevent future mold growth.
In your time of need we are always here to help!
Hurricane Matthew clean up
SERVPRO to the rescue!
This photo is from late October to early November 2016, in Lumberton, North Carolina. This was a storm event for Hurricane Matthew. There were about 6 franchises chosen to participate in the clean up for the Housing Authority. These were townhouses that we removed all contents, made 8ft flood cuts on the bottom floor, cleaned to SERVPRO standards and dried for 3-5 days. We were gone for approximately 3 weeks working 12 hour days.
While on storm events we just perform emergency services and leave it ready for a local contractor to do the repairs. This is a very humbling experience for all involved and shows the dedication of all SERVPRO employees to spend that much time away from their families in order to help those in need.
Keeping up with IICRC Standards
SERVPRO Of Christian, Todd, Logan and Simpson Counties recently purchased several dozen new Velo Air Movers in order to keep up with industry standards. These pieces of equipment are lighter and more efficient than the old air movers that we are phasing out.
We follow stringent guidelines set in place by IICRC in order to keep receiving business from local vendors and offices.
Along with our state of the art equipment, we also have highly trained technicians that have to follow the IICRC standards when performing any work on Water Mitigation or Mold Remediation claims. Our crew is IICRC certified to remediate water losses and has to maintain this training by doing follow up classes every 2 years. It is our goal to do things the right way the first time in order to keep our business thriving and our customers happy