Every Storm Runs Out of Rain
SERVPRO of Christian, Todd, Logan and Simpson Counties has been busy helping those who need it most.
Our expertly trained storm teams have been on the move, helping homeowners and businesses make it like never even happened.
Our first stop was in Michigan, where the Detroit area suffered another round of flooding. Our crews spent close to a month helping the local SERVPRO franchise help those who experienced flooding to their homes or businesses. SERVPRO of Christian, Todd, Logan and Simpson counties crews worked tirelessly to help those in need.
Before we had a chance to catch our breath, Hurricane Ida made landfall bringing devastation to the gulf coast and to the north east.
SERVPRO of Christian, Todd, Logan and Simpson Counties sent a crew last Friday to the north east to help with the record flooding.
No job is too big, or too small, your local SERVPRO is on call 24/7 to assist you. Call us today 270-885-8811!
Local Garage Fire
SERVPRO of Christian Todd Logan and Simpson Counties expertly trained crews have been busy helping a local resident make it like it never even happened.
While doing some welding in a garage a homeowner had taken all the necessary precautions with welding blankets a stray spark still was able to start a fire.
The fire damaged the entire house. All the electrical wiring will need to be replaced, all the plank flooring will have to come up, and the walls will go through the trust Three Step process in order to get cleaned. Our expertly trained fire and smoke restoration team will work to remove any traces of fire and smoke damage and have this house back to preloss condition.
If your residence or business suffers a fire loss call SERVPRO of Christian, Todd, Logan, and Simpson counties, twenty-four seven, 365 days a year at 270-885-8811.
Christmas in July
Working to make Christmas in July happen
SERVPRO of Christian Todd Logan and Simpson Counties hosted a customer appreciation cookout the end of July!
Every year SERVPRO of Christian, Todd, Logan and Simpson counties hosts a Christmas breakfast to show its appreciation to those who allowed us to do work for them the past year. However due to the global pandemic in 2020 we had to cancel. As this year went on, we were trying to think of a way safely gather and thank our wonderful customers.
This past Friday we celebrated outdoors with cook out! We invited over 700 customers, agents, city workers and first responders to let us cook them lunch. This was a true team effort as everyone from our owners to our production team chipped in to make this a successful event. Hundreds of people came by throughout the afternoon to grab a plate, say hi and enjoy a little bit of fellowship.
As a locally owned small business SERVPRO of Christian, Todd, Logan and Simpson Counties is proud to give back to those who trust us with their homes when they need it most.
If your home has suffered from water, smoke, or fire damage, contact your LOCAL SERVPRO at 270-885-8811, 24/7
Rain, Rain, Go Away!
SERVPRO of Christian, Todd, Logan and Simpson Counties is ready to go when disaster strikes
SERVPRO of Christian, Todd, Logan and Simpson Counties has been on the road helping those effected by recent flooding. Our expert crews have been putting in long hours in Bloomington Indiana helping homeowners make it like it never happened.
The Bloomington area received upwards of 6 inches of rain on June 26. Our crews were dispatched on a Sunday night to start helping those we were effected by the flooding.
SERVPRO of Christian, Todd, Logan, and Simpson Counties is the leader in water mitigation, and our professionally trained crews helped dozens of homeowners who looked to us in their time of desperate need.
SERVPRO of Christian, Todd, Logan and Simpson Counties is always ready to help those in need. It doesn't matter if that need is right across the street or across the country, we will be faster to any disaster.
If your home or business experiences a water loss, make the right call and call SERVPRO of Christian, Todd, Logan and Simpson Counties, 24/7 at 270-885-8811
Is Residential Fire Restoration in Christian, Todd, Logan and Simpson Counties an Expert Job?
Contact SERVPRO of Christian, Todd, Logan and Simpson Counties if your home is damaged by fire
SERVPRO of Christian, Todd, Logan, and Simpson Counties Has Dedicated Fire Restoration Technicians for Local Residents
Putting a property back together after a fire is complex, with many moving parts. Debris needs sorting through while tasks like cleaning, disposing of, safety, and security needs to be spread around a team to ensure an efficient restoration. These tasks could cover general duties such as:
- Fire and smoke damage
- Fire damaged homes
- Smoke remediation
SERVPRO crew chiefs have extensive experience in organizing a workforce for fire restoration in Christian, Todd, Logan and Simpson Counties . The overriding nature of managing workflows is referred to as job site management and plays an influential role in property restoration's overall success. Despite the repair's complex nature, our crew chiefs are also attentive to your needs and can communicate with you throughout.
- Labor budgets need to be drawn up early during the restoration to provide you with an accurate estimate.
- Site services like the arrangement of dumpsters and debris removal can be organized by a crew chief.
- Prioritizing high-use areas can be arranged if you are remaining in the property during restoration.
Organization is vital to successful and time-efficient restoration. Contact SERVPRO of Christian, Todd, Logan and Simpson Counties for fire restoration at (270-)885-8877
Why Your Business Would Benefit From an ERP
Does your business have an emergency plan in the case that disaster takes place? Half of the companies that face a disaster end up having to close following the event. Planning is a big part of what allows companies to offer peace of mind to their customers, and employees.
SERVPRO of Christian, Todd, Logan and Simpson Counties is here to help with that burden through our free service of developing an Emergency Ready Profile for your business. Having a profile of this caliber minimizes the disruption your business would face when an emergency situation takes place.
What an ERP includes:
- A no cost assessment of your Facility.
- A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
- Establishes your local SERVPRO Franchise professional as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
- Identification of the line of command authorizing work to begin.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas, and priority contact information.
Look out for your business and give us a call at SERVPRO of Christian, Todd, Logan and Simpson Counties today (270)885-8811!
Tips to Put Out Fires in the Kitchen Safely in Christian, Todd, Logan and Simpson Counties
If your home suffers fire damage, contact the experts at SERVPRO of Christian, Todd, Logan and Simpson Counties at 270-885-8811
SERVPRO of Christian, Todd, Logan and Simpson Counties recognizes that over half of home fires start in the kitchen. Some kitchen fires start out small enough that you might be able to put them out easily. By being proactive, you can save yourself and others from fire and smoke injuries in your Christian, Todd, Logan, and Simpson Counties home.
Remember that fire is fast. If you cannot contain a fire immediately, leave and bring everyone with you. Call 9-1-1 from outside the home.
SERVPRO of Christian, Todd, Logan, and Simpson Counties has these tips to offer for handling a small cooking fire:
- If the fire is on the stovetop or in a pot, put a lid on the fire to smother the flames. Turn off the burner
- If a cloth on the stovetop is on fire, put a lid on the fire to smother the flames. Turn off any burners
- Do not use water on a gas fire or a grease fire. Pot lids will smother a fire. You can also use (a lot of) baking soda. Pour a box of baking soda on the fire
- If the fire is in the oven, turn off the heat. Close the oven door.
Never leave fire-fighting to chance. SERVPRO of Christian, Todd, Logan, and Simpson Counties knows that objects can be replaced. People and pets cannot.
When you choose SERVPRO, You’re Choosing a Certified Team of Restoration Experts
Let’s be honest. No homeowners like to think about needing the type of services we provide. But when they do, it’s because their homes have been severely damaged by fire, flooding, or accidents.
The type of help homeowners needs when we are called home restoration. And its goal is to get the home back to its original state. While sometimes a mop, bucket, and elbow grease are enough, in other circumstances, you need a team of experts to ensure your home can be restored.
When that happens, it’s important to understand the home restoration process—and why choosing the right team can be vital to you being happy with your results.
Damage Claims Are Common
According to the Insurance Information Institute, about one in 20 homeowners will need to file a home damage insurance claim every year. The statistic includes all causes of damage and doesn’t separate the claims based on whether they need restoration services.
We also have some statistics about individual types of disasters and issues, though. For example, about one out of every 350 American homeowners will deal with a fire damage claim each year, from causes ranging from storm and lightning damage to furnace fires.
When you think about the United States’ entire population, that statistic translates to millions of families. Some of these people will need to get help from a professional team. That’s when choosing a quality restoration company will make all the difference for you.
Our Training Matters
Beyond the training offered by SERVPRO at a national level, our technicians earn valuable certifications through the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification. This non-profit group provides various certifications to ensure restoration and cleaning technicians can use the latest proven techniques when restoring your home.
Fast Response Helps Prevent Additional Damage
Quick water removal can reduce damage
SERVPRO is “Faster to any size disaster,” and this quality provides many benefits for homeowners of waterlogged residences. When a pipe has burst apart, a tub has overflowed, or a drain backed up, your home needs to have that excess water removed as quickly as possible.
Christian, Todd, Logan and Simpson county homes that have excess water from disasters such as pipe failures and forgotten tubs dry out best when water removal services from SERVPRO are the first part of the entire process. Pumping out any water that is visible upon our arrival helps us gain a better visual so we can more easily assess the extent of the overall damage.
Larger amounts of porous materials require more aggressive drying methods than materials that are less porous. Our experience benefits homeowners in many kinds of disasters that can damage a home by giving us insight into how best proceed in almost any type of situation imaginable, and overflowing toilets and tubs, exploding water heaters, burst pipes, and flooding from natural sources are only a few of those catastrophes.
Removing water starts the process, but then we need to move toward removing the moisture that has escaped into the air through evaporation. This moisture can find its way into every part of your home and create problems later unless it is captured and removed. Dehumidifiers, heaters, air movers, and even open windows can work wonders when used together. Moisture meters provide us with a beginning reading of areas in your home that are compared to later readings, showing us our progress in drying out your home.
When dry, remaining problems can still exist, such as unusual odors. This is because odors are caused by particles, that although tiny, produce smells when they have been disturbed. We can rectify this problem with odor control methods. Other problems that can remain behind include over-stretched carpeting, and we can fix that problem, also.
Because floors are always saturated in a situation where standing water exists, we take great care in ensuring that these surfaces are completely dry. This prevents warping of wooden floors and sub-flooring. Otherwise, walking in your home may soon become hazardous for your family and guests.
In situations that have left your home partially submerged, call us, SERVPRO of Christian, Todd, Logan, and Simpson counties
We can begin water removal efforts so that your home is once again as it should be, perfectly dry. Accidents can occur at all hours of the day and night, and because of this, we are always available to take your call.
What to do during and after a flash flood
Call SERVPRO of Christian, Todd, Logan and Simpson Counties at 270-885-8811 for all your water restoration needs!!
Flash floods occur as a result of heavy rainfall, rapid snow thaw, city drains overflowing or dam/levee failures. They occur quickly and unexpectedly. Flash Floods can effect ANYWHERE at ANYTIME, because it does rain everywhere. Now, most places are more prone to flooding, and it would be wise to learn about your local area. Cities and Urban environments are most common to flash floods, because of the impermeable surfaces, like asphalt and concrete that make up a majority of our surface roads and sidewalks.
Flash Flood Quick Facts
- Do not walk, swim, or drive through flood waters. Turn Around, Don’t Drown!
- Just 6 inches of rapidly moving floodwater can sweep someone off their feet.
- Just 2 feet of floodwater moving at 9 feet per second (standard speed of flash floods) is enough to sweep vehicles away, move 100 pound rocks, uproot trees or level buildings.
- Depending on where you are, and the impact and the warning time of flooding, go to the safe location that you previously identified.
- If told to evacuate, do so immediately. Never drive around barricades. Local responders use them to safely direct traffic out of flooded areas.
- Listen to EAS, NOAA Weather Radio, or local alerting systems for current emergency information and instructions.
- Do not walk, swim, or drive through flood waters. Turn Around. Don’t Drown!
- Stay off bridges over fast-moving water. Fast-moving water can wash bridges away without warning.
- If your vehicle is trapped in rapidly moving water, then stay inside. If water is rising inside the vehicle, then seek refuge on the roof.
- If trapped in a building, then go to its highest level. Do not climb into a closed attic. You may become trapped by rising floodwater. Go on the roof only if necessary. Once there, signal for help.
Be Safe AFTER
- Listen to authorities for information and instructions. Return home only when authorities say it is safe.
- Avoid driving, except in emergencies.
- Snakes and other animals may be in your house. Wear heavy gloves and boots during clean up.
- Be aware of the risk of electrocution. Do not touch electrical equipment if it is wet or if you are standing in water. If it is safe to do so, turn off the electricity to prevent electric shock.
- Avoid wading in flood water, which can contain dangerous debris and be contaminated. Underground or downed power lines can also electrically charge the water.
- Use a generator or other gasoline-powered machinery ONLY outdoors and away from windows.