Preventing Fires This Summer
Call SERVPRO today for any questions or more safety tips
From Memorial Day weekend until the leaves start to fall, everyone is ready to pull out the grills and start up the fire pit for s'mores and hotdogs. It is critical for homeowners to follow SERVPRO safety tips to avoid a fire and extensive damage!
- Never use a propane or charcoal grill indoors.
- Always keep children and pets as far away from the grill as possible. They will not understand the severity or how dangerous it can be.
- Place your grill on concrete or any hard surface. Avoid grass, areas of high foot traffic, siding, railing on decks, or near trees with low hanging branches.
- Any tools used to start a flame should be locked away, such as matches, starter fluid, or lighters.
Air Duct Cleaning in your Commercial Building
We get this question a lot: How often should I get the air ducts cleaned in my home or business? The recommended answer is every 3-5 years dependent upon the environment and other conditions.
SERVPRO of Christian, Todd, Logan, and Simpson Counties has partnered with several apartment complexes,nursing homes, and businesses in our area to keep them clean on a regular basis.
Think your property is in need of an air duct cleaning? Here are a few telling signs to let you know it's time:
- Thick dirt building up on air vents
- The smell of mold is present
- More dust is visible around the property than normal
Our professional recommendation is to always scheduling a cleaning when moving to a new location, if pets are in the property, or after any reconstruction or remodeling. Call us today for a FREE estimate on air duct cleanings in Hopkinsville, Russellville, Elkton, Auburn, or Franklin!
SERVPRO Travels to Cincinnati, OH
SERVPRO drying equipment in a Cincinnati basement
SERVPRO of Christian, Todd, Logan, and Simpson Counties is always "Here to Help", even if that means driving 4 hours! Last month, we were called to travel to Cincinnati, Ohio to help the local franchises with an overwhelming number of water losses. The area had an abnormal amount of rain in a short time frame, which caused basements to flood and floor drains to back up.
Our Production Technician, Brooklyn, was one of those team members called to action. We helped over 15 homeowners get their basements dried out, demoed, and sanitized "Like it never even happened." We enjoyed being chosen to help during this time, and are always thankful to lend a helping hand.
Be sure to call us for any and all of your restoration needs! From fire, water, mold, or biohazard, we do it all. Call today at (270) 885-8811
Fire Damage Cleanup in Russellville, KY
Fire damage in a Russellville/Logan County
Answering the Call
On January 15th, 2020, our office got the call from a State Farm insurance agent who had a family suffer from a large fire overnight. The fire started from smoking materials in a first floor bedroom and it spread throughout both levels and all rooms. Our production technicians and project manager immediately headed to the home to do a free board up of the windows and doors that were blown out.
The family members helped sort through their salvageable contents and we took care of the rest. Our crews were able to take inventory of the contents that were disposed of, take out the affected drywall and insulation, remove any flooring that was trapping moisture, and do a general cleanup of the area. Our next step is to begin the reconstruction process and get this family moved back in as soon as possible.
We are always heartbroken when this happens to our customers, but we take pride in being the team called to help. Have questions? Call us today! (270) 885-8811
Choose SERVPRO for Biohazard Cleanup
Call SERVPRO today for any biohazard cleanup!
Occasionally, there are some things you cannot clean on your own.
SERVPRO of Christian, Todd, Logan, and Simpson Counties have been professionally trained to clean up biohazard materials with the safest techniques. Some of these situations could include:
- Hoarding: We will discard of any items necessary, while also cleaning the areas that have not been properly treated due to the hoarding.
- Sewage Backups: It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it! Our technicians can remove the damage and bring the area back to a sanitized and safe state.
- Crime Scene/Bodily Fluids: Once a crime scene is released by the proper authorities, SERVPRO is certified to handle any cleaning necessary.
- Animal Infestation: SERVPRO ozone machines are state-of-the-art devices that can remove odors from the air in your home or business.
Our Storm Team is always ready to respond!
Luckily in Christian, Todd, Logan, and Simpson Counties we do not experience the potential threats that tornadoes can have as often as other parts of the country. These places include the upper Mid-west, the northern and southern plains and the Gulf coast.
Tornado season usually refers to the time of year the U.S. sees the most tornadoes. But, remember, tornadoes can happen at any time of year. Tornadoes can also happen at any time of day or night, but most tornadoes occur between 4–9 p.m.
However, it is always a good idea to be prepared in case a disaster strikes. About 1,200 tornadoes hit the U.S. yearly. Since official tornado records only date back to 1950, we do not know the actual average number of tornadoes that occur each year. Plus, tornado spotting and reporting methods have changed a lot over the last several decades.
SERVPRO will respond 24-hours a day to emergency fire and water services. We are a proud partner with the Red Cross and take part in cleaning up damages after a storm. We have the tools and the people who have experience in water, storm, fire damage restoration and we are always here to help.
Water Damage and Using the Right Equipment
Proper Drying Equipment and Moisture meters are critical in the drying process
SERVPRO of Christian, Todd, Logan, and Simpson Counties understands that utilizing the proper equipment makes a measurable difference in reducing claims loss expense. When it comes to a water damage, time matters. We will answer your call with fast action, exceptional equipment, and trained, uniformed personnel. The right tools for the job is vital to timely mitigation. Here's how we break it down:
Psychrometry is the study of the air and its properties. The properties of temperature, humidity, vapor pressure and dew point are measured to evaluate air conditions in the structure, enabling a SERVPRO professional to create the proper atmosphere for more efficient drying.
Moisture Sensors - used to detect moisture in carpets, baseboards and walls.
- Moisture Meters - used to determine the actual moisture content of various materials. The moisture tester provides accurate moisture readings that enable the professional crew member to monitor the drying process.
- Thermohygrometers - measure both temperature and relative humidity. Capturing these two readings, a professional using a psychrometric chart can calculate specific humidity, dew point and vapor pressure.
Call SERVPRO of Christian, Todd, Logan, and Simpson Counties anytime, and day @
Regularly check to make sure your gutters are clean.
Spring storms pop up in Christian, Todd, Logan, and Simpson Counties many times without warning. These rains can leave a devastating effect and cost thousands of dollars in damage.
Being prepared is a small step to help minimize the damage. If you have a basement or crawlspace, regularly check your sump pump to make sure it is unclogged and working properly.
The Spring is also a good time to clean your gutters and ensure that your downspouts are properly diverted away from you house.
We also suggest reaching out to your Insurance Agent and reviewing any policies for proper coverage. If you are not sure, ask your agent exactly what coverage you have any if there are policy limits to be aware of.
SERVPRO of Christian, Todd, Logan, and Simpson Counties is always open and available 24/7.
Are You Ready
If you own or manage a business in Christian, Todd, Logan, or Simpson Counties you should have a contingency plan. It is not a matter of "If", but "When" a disaster will strike.
From a Cyber attack to Fire or Water Damage you can never over-prepare.
SERVPRO's Emergency Ready Profile can capture all important information to help prepare for the unexpected. From emergency contacts to emergency shut offs, this FREE app based plan can assist in the preparation phase.
Even if you have a written plan in place, the Emergency Ready Profile will add an additional layer of preparedness. We can incorporate your plan into this digital format that you will always have at your fingertips.
Contact you local representative and schedule a free assessment and see how we can help save thousands of dollars by helping you prepare.
Call (270)885-8811 or visit SERVPRO.COM.
COMMON CAUSES OF HOUSE FIRES
SERVPRO can assist with any type of Fire or Smoke damage.
Can you guess the most common causes of house fires? Fire damage may result in ways you least expect. Take precautionary measures now to protect your home from the following fire instigators.
- Cooking equipment: Cooking equipment is the number one cause of house fires. Pots and pans can quickly overheat when left unattended or mishandled. Be sure to turn handles towards the middle of the stove to avoid children from accidentally grabbing it from the burner. When leaving the house, remember to turn off stove-top burners and ovens.
- Smoking in Bedrooms: Avoid smoking in bedrooms at all costs. A cigarette butt can stay lit for hours and cause a flame after coming into contact with clothes or furniture. Open flames such as candles also pose a danger for many residents.
- Old electrical equipment: Older lampshades and light fittings may build up heat, and weak bases could pose a tipping hazard. Electrical equipment such as these should be checked for faulty cords, and the power point must not be overloaded with double adapter plugs.
- Flammable liquids: Liquids such as petrol, kerosene, or methylated spirits should be kept away from heat sources and stored properly according to their label.
Nobody wants to come home to irreparable damage. By knowing these common causes of house fires, you and your neighborhood can live a little bit safer. When accidents happen, SERVPRO Christian, Todd, Logan, and Simpson Counties is here to clean fire damage and restore your home quickly and professionally.